Monday 9 March 2009

The Dreamshack

Mark at the Dreamshack kindly volunteered to do a little work on the Beetle I'm driving to Australia this summer. I think he got a little carried away, not that I mind, "Pedro" is looking great. He's built side bars and bins for our Jerry cans, a heavy duty roof rack with access ladder and is now working on a roll cage:

Photobucket

I dropped in to lend him a hand. I'm sure he would have got twice as much done without me there but he taught me how to take the engine out, check the clutch plate, tighten the gearbox mounts and clean the carb's.

"Pedro" has recently arrived in the UK from California and is totally rust free! I want him to stay that way so before we(ok Mark) put the engine back in I sprayed the underside with lots of gooey, rust-inhibiting underseal:

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment