Wednesday 13 May 2009

Ace Cafe

The Ace Cafe in North-West London has been a biker haunt since the '50's. Burnt down and then rebuilt it is now popular with petrolheads on two wheels and four.
http://www.ace-cafe-london.com/

They hold monthly themed nights for different car clubs and marques. Monday night was Petrolhead Nirvana night. The Petrolhead Nirvana club seems to be open to anyone with a passion for motorised vehicles, though the membership definitely leans toward the fast 4 wheeled variety.

Jaguar XJ220 attracted the most attention. Nice, but I'd hate to have to park it in a crowded car park!
Photobucket

As much as I appreciate the more modern cars I'm still in love with the 60's styling. As you can tell from my car, the black Sebring SX in the foreground.

Photobucket

I'm often asked what my favourite car is or what I would buy if money were no object. I usually say, I already own it, the Sebring has classic styling, a fibreglass body that will never rust and a quick, reliable Nissan straight six engine. It's heavy to drive but so much fun! I was looking through some of the photos I've taken at Goodwood over the years though and I have found a favourite! (one of my favourite men sat in it too)

Photobucket

For any readers who don't have petrol running through their veins, it's a Ferrari 250 GTO. They very rarely come up for sale and when they do they tend to sell for somewere around £3,000,000. As much as I love it I think, even if I did have a spare £3 million, I wouldn't buy one. Let's face it; I'd be terrified to drive it and cars are made to be driven! I think I'd rather have a well built replica which I could use and abuse to my hearts content without making half the motoring world cry if I scratched it!

No comments:

Post a Comment